repeat and start again

i awake to the sound of a distant train and my alarm.
i get out of bed rubbing my aching shoulder.
wishing the night had lasted another hour.
another half hour.
another five minutes.
i go to the ensuite and brush my teeth making sure not to brush too hard.
i go back to the bed and fold its crumpled sheets back into shape.
i make the bed.
i go down stairs and put the kettle on.
i make breakfast.
two slices of toast.
i eat my breakfast and drink my tea.
i go back upstairs and shower.
[another half hour.]
[another five minutes.]
i masturbate in a rush.
i step out of the shower.
i towel my self dry.
i take out a shirt and my shoes.
i put on the shirt and then a suit.
i go down stairs and pick up my brief case.
i go to my car and open the door.
i drive to work and listen to the radio while i drive.
the drive takes one hour and ten minutes.
i wish it would last longer.
[another half hour]
[another five minutes]
i arrive at work.
i switch on my computer.
i make a cup of instant coffee.
i work all day at the flickering screen.
i go to my car and drive home.
i listen to the radio.
i get home and eat my dinner.
i watch the television.
i go upstairs to my ensuite and shower.
i masturbate.
i go to bed and dream.
[another half hour]
another five minutes]