Hi. I'm here for friends only, but who knows....

My central theme is that the auditory is opposed to the visual. Or do I misremember? This is possible, as I once sharply reduced anything ostensive, irrelevant, appended, with an inanimate, robot thumb. I am making exhaustive lists of these actions. I intend to post these as a final 'end-list' in due course.

My research suggests that findings strengthen widely-held assumptions. So, I'm aiding and adding to some mainstream. Or do I misremember, as I said? I'm not sure I'm truly free to say.

Surely, information decays; surely information is not durable. I model independent formalities in light of this... (as fe-cyber-Socrat\ease.com).

There are, though, several conflicts within my research; and no experiment has thus far demonstrated substance without destructive implications. These get me hot, though.

Lately, I've been distracted. My presentations have been broken, perfunctory, over-combined, positional. I am myself the problem, I think - being myself contrary to the original aims of me, being encoded, post-recalling, hypothetical, mine.

I walk to work each day through a sea of faces, shitting myself.

Suz J

5 comments:

Lazare said...

this series of posts, these portraits, these items you've got going on, murmurists, are nonpareil.
i don't know if that's the intention, but you're turning capitalist subjectivation into art. and we're all the richer for it. extraordinary.

Russell CJ Duffy said...

is that what he is doing? blimey.
lol.
bloody good though.
personally i like the way i recognise certain individual traits, certain charcteristics that can be found in many of the people i come across in life. not the whole nine yards of anyonee person but certain bits.
does that make sense?

murmurists said...

Thanks both. That means a lot.

These items began life as a version of those statements one finds in so-called 'personals'. I found and still find such things fascinating. I'd been doing twisted portraits visually - as pictures - for ages; playing out my love of both surrealism and figuration. The items are the same, but in words. People say the weirdest things in those personals; they have theweirest hang-ups, proclivities, likesand dislikes. Their statements often cut through logic like it wasn't there. I drunk in the syntax of these iterations and spat out the prose which came to me. The quality varies, of course; as, by now, there might be 300 - 400 of them kicking around. Because of the notional numbering system, though, there's a possible 9999; so there's life in the project yet. Personally, I think the best ones have the appearance of something straightforward and logical; but not quite getting there, failing to exactly signify. Indeed, I see them as semiotic plays - as portraits, as one or more person or persons baying out their Being, looking for someone, something, kinds of intellectual and physical locations.

Thanks for feeding back. Best wishes, Anthony

Inconsequential said...

it's good stuff anyway :)

murmurists said...

cheers Inc. Have a gud un.